What should be the next theme?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

COMPETITION #3: Results

Very nice lists overall and hat's off to the players who created their own sub-themes! We give the nod to nora flood who's Jesus-themed submissions were all very ridiculous. Congrats!

Here are some additional picks:
1) The Four Lads - Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellen Bogen By The Sea
2) George Harrison - Thanks for the Pepperoni
3) Just Us - I Can't Grow Peaches On A Cherry Tree
4) Kasenetz-Katz Singing Orchestral Circus - Dong Dong Diki Diki Dong
5) Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII I Am

I liked james johnson's Sufjan pick, I figured someone might pick one of his, here's my favorite:
6) Sufjan Stevens - A Conjunction of Drones Simulating The Way In Which Sufjan Stevens Has An Existential Crisis In The Great Godfrey Maze

And in the line of long, ridiculous titles:
7) NOFX - We Threw Gasoline On The Fire And Now We Have Stumps For Arms and No Eyebrows

And I loved Jennifer's parenthetical picks. A few more:
8) Simon & Garfunkel - A Simple Desultory Philippic ((or How I Was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission)
9) James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine (Part 1)
10) Quad City DJ's - C'mon N' Ride It (The Train)

Quite ridiculous.

No comments: